Tuesday, January 09, 2007

UFO to replace car

So I was listening to the radio this morning and they were talking to Alfie Carrington, a Clinton township man who has for the last 27 years has been researching and developing a real-life UFO. Alfie has spent more than $60,000 on researching, developing, and building the UFO. He claims that one day his UFO will replace cars. Although still under construction Alfie wants to fire up the UFO in eight months if he can raise an additional $40,000 to finish the project. Alfie claims that the UFO could reach speeds up to 500 mph. I don't know about you but I am not sure I would want to go that fast in an over sized pie plate attached to a Frisbee! If you would like to read more about Alfie click here.Good luck Alfie!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

let's see...500mph, 2 miles from home to work, what's that..about 1/4 second travel time? Maybe less? I'm not taking the time to do the math. But I'm sure it would take considerably longer since I'd never be able to make the corner. :D

Swinging Sammy said...

you could go as the UFO flies...

I think it would be fun to fly in a pie plate attached to a frisbee. hmmm, maybe a new extreme sport in the future?

ryan said...

I was listening to him the other day too, I don't know what to think about him.

Anonymous said...

I just flat out admire this guy.