Friday, January 12, 2007

Happiness

You know I was having a hard time thinking of something to post about this morning when I was presented with a issue while at work. The issue isn't as relevant as the conversation that stemmed from it. It was about Happiness. A lady at work reminded me that happiness is a bi-product. That you don't just become a happy person. Happiness comes from the things in your life. People who aren't happy are simply going about life the wrong way. Contrary to popular belief your life isn't about YOU! When is the last time you made yourself happy without any outside influence? Now think of the happiest time in your life. I bet it involved someone else. This leads me to my second observation. The greatest happiness, true happiness comes from serving others. Going that extra mile. The happiest times in my life, the ones that really stick out is when I did something for somebody. Not only was I happy when the person had seen what I had done for them, but all the while I was doing it. This quote pretty much sums it up.
Happiness cannot come from without. It must come from within. It is not what we see and touch or that which others do for us which makes us happy; it is that which we think and feel and do, first for the other fellow and then for ourselves.

-Hellen Keller

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank God for Celeste! Nice thoughts...

That makes me want to watch that new movie by Will Smith.