Friday, January 06, 2006

Trying again

Well I figured I should try this blog thing again. The New Year presents many great opportunities to start over. I don't believe in New Years resolutions per say, only because as soon as your goals for the new year receive that title, they instantly become more difficult. So my goals for the new year are very simple. I think my greatest issue as a person and as a Christian is not practicing self denial. I never tell myself no. It's 12 am and I have to go to school the next day and I know I'm going to be really tired if I don't go to bed, but I don't want to go to bed! I want to watch TV. So I watch TV. There are things I need to get done around the house in my free time. Well when free time comes around I don't want to do the things around the house, because this is free time. Even little things like, I know that this second cup of coffee is going to make me all sick and nervous feeling...but it's just so good. Or how about this one, I really want to start spending more time in prayer, or I really should go to this church group, but I want to do this or that. I know what you all are thinking. He needs to be more disciplined. This may be true about not wanting to clean the house or go to bed, but one shouldn't have to be disciplined to spend more time with their Lord. If you have to discipline yourself to pray more than you are doing it for the wrong reason. So as I start this new year please pray for me that I stop being so self serving and that I learn to give more of myself to God.

1 comment:

Swinging Sammy said...

Wow, it's like you are writing this after taking a look around inside my head! I will pray for you, maybe during my newer prayer time!